iPad App Switcher & Close Button in IOS 7

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
In IOS 7, is there a way to get the close button to show up on open apps? It used to show up in IOS 6 by just holding down on one of the apps while in app switcher. I want to be able to close individual apps in the background instead of all of them. I did not realize how much I used that feature in IOS 6 until I could not replicate that behavior since I updated a little over a week ago. Thanks

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
In iOS 7 they've changed it so you can close individual apps by swiping up on them. Quite a bit quicker than the old way.

caribsa

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2013
I figured it out by Googling it and watching a Youtube video. I kept trying to flip the icon instead of the actual thumbnail of the open app with no result. I was like, why is this not working, IOS 7 suck!:confused: I'm just happy now that I get that functionality back. :D

----------

In iOS 7 they've changed it so you can close individual apps by swiping up on them. Quite a bit quicker than the old way.
Thanks, for the help. I just figured it out. I really like the new way

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I figured it out by Googling it and watching a Youtube video. I kept trying to flip the icon instead of the actual thumbnail of the open app with no result. I was like, why is this not working, IOS 7 suck!:confused: I'm just happy now that I get that functionality back. :D

----------

Thanks, for the help. I just figured it out. I really like the new way
There a are few apps on Cydia that will "close all" apps for you if that's what you're aiming for. CCtoggles is one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.