App switching from another app to Safari: Music stops in iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MitzEclipse, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MitzEclipse macrumors newbie

Hi does anyone have this issue - when I'm in another app while the music app is playing, then i toggle to safari, the music stops. This is a standard text page, not a youtube page or anything like that. any ideas how to stop this from happening?

2. MitzEclipse thread starter macrumors newbie

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

4. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Do you have a safari page open with a video on it? iPhones stop playing sound when you arrive on a page with video so that if you play the video you can hear it.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Apps have to be written to allow background audio. Things like music, pandora etc tend to be but others are a crapshoot and more often than not are not.

6. KompleX macrumors regular

I have this problem. Switching to safari while a song is playing in the music app will cause the song to stop playing. A workaround is playing the song thru the quick control panel.

7. Perth12 macrumors member

another glitch i have experienced is if I'm using the phone with music playing and then pause the music, open snapchat and record a video, after sending the video my music starts playing even though I wasn't playing music before opening snapchat.

I think this is probably to do with the coding of snapchat along the lines of continuing playback after video recording but is it only me experiencing this or others?

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Now that you mention it, switching apps has caused my podcast to stop playing at times. :eek:

Not sure there is a way around it, save wait for Apple to patch it. :p