App sync problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j.leson, Dec 9, 2010.

1. j.leson macrumors member

I updated my itunes to 10.1 today and it has caused a couple of problems. I can no longer backup (I have disabled the backup feature) or transfer purchases from my iPhone without stalling for hours and hours.

Under the apps tab on my iphone, I have sync apps enabled. This is a problem because I usually purchase apps through my iphone, not on itunes. When I try to sync my phone, it deletes recently purchased apps and I am also unable to properly transfer my paid apps to itunes (stalls for hours during transfer or just stops and doesn't transfer anything). I would like to uncheck sync apps, but it just starts deleting all of my apps.

P.S. sync new apps is enabled. 10.x seems very buggy on windows 7. I would really prefer to stick with 9, but I need 10 for for ios 4.x. I'm really considering getting a macbook, in hopes that I will not have future problems such as this.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Sounds like the install/update was botched somehow. Ive been using iTunes 10 since it's release and haven't had any problems. And its never a bad idea to get a MacBook. I got one this past July and will never return to pc land.