Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
I share a lot of photos and send links to my girlfriend. many many times a day.

currently i have to Share -> choose messages -> type her name

then send.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an app that would allow me to set "her" as the share tool (like in the bottom area (white area) of the share sheet.

So it would show "Julie" and i tap her name and it auto connects the shared item to her?

seems like there should be out there that does this.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
wonder if Launch Center Pro or Workflow would a) do it? b) make things more or less complicated

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
because often. more then often. i have just pressed the camera icon from the lock screen. take a pic and share from there. if there was a button called "julie" in the share sheet that was in all share sheets it would save some steps over time.

Reactions: jr866gooner

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
because often. more then often. i have just pressed the camera icon from the lock screen. take a pic and share from there. if there was a button called "julie" in the share sheet that was in all share sheets it would save some steps over time.

I see what you mean now, yeah what’s app has a recent contacts area upon sharing. Yes Apple probably could incorporate this functionality and maybe make it optional.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I’d like the same feature. Btw when you’re near each other, Airdrop allows quickly sharing. But something when not near would be good.

As an above poster mentioned, the clips app has the feature you want directly in the share sheet (where airdrop normally is actually). I’ve only used the clips app a couple of times a long time ago but mine has a contact with a small message icon overlayed; tapping loads a message with that contact pre-filled. I do not know how it selects this contact option for the share sheet but I’m assuming last or most commonly contacted.

I’d love this to become a standard iOS share sheet feature and for third party support (ie apps would have to report back to iOS which contact was contacted so it could be added to the share sheet)

Reactions: macsplusmacs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.