App that has coverflow art, plays flac through samba

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by notesw, Jul 31, 2013.

1. notesw macrumors newbie

Hi.

Love the way itunes displays cover art, alas it doesnt support flac noir access to smb protocoll. Right now im using filebrowser to play flac through my server (smb).

Is there an app that displays albums like itunes (coverflow) but also supports flac/smb?

Thanks

Oh and no im not gonna transcode my flac collection to apples crap, i have over 8tb its gonna take years lol

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Search these forums as this has been discussed.
    Search google, because I did and found an app that will let you play your beloved flac files on your iPad for $9.99. If you bitch about the price then clearly playing flac files isn't for you.

App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flac-player/id390532592?mt=8

Another link to read just for kicks:
    http://www.theipadnews.com/how-to-play-flac-files-on-your-ipad/

To touch base on your iTunes rant about inferior quality at the same price as a CD, buy the CD from Amazon, which now does auto rip for the most part, and then you get exactly what you pay for. I do understand that rant, mostly because I care and it has been discussed on these forums before.

3. notesw, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

notesw thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh my, we have issues. What is with your attitude

Here's a free advice, don't come in a thread acting all smart and clever, when you clearly completly missed what the whole topic is about.

I have a FLAC app already, that's not the issue....

Once more (read this slowly so you can take it in) I'm looking for a FLAC app that supports music over SMB protocol and/or coverflow (itunes).

My setup: Ipad ----> linux server (smb) music.

Oh and don't tell me what format is for me or not, FLAC player is 15 USD here that's insane.

While filebrowser does support flac/smb it doesnt propeply play songs, a lot of files get cutoff near the end.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

"We" don't have issues, perhaps you do when you confuse a rather helpful post as anything but.
    I'm sure you can search the forums to find your answers if you're not happy with mine.

Oh wait, I found it ... fast.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1542079

How's that for attitude?

5. notesw thread starter macrumors newbie

Much appreciated for all the links, but alas i've already tried/owned these applications. They do play flac/smb but no coverflow support like itunes player.

I have been searching, here and google. What i'm looking for doesn't seem to exist on appstore, or it's very well hidden.

My dream was to have Itunes support smb/flac. Or a similar app. This wouldn't be an issue if my server or desktop ran macosx, but that's not the case. Still smb is universal protocol, weird..

It's 2013 and yet apple seems to be a bit behind in what a customer wants.

Thanks

6. ratmice, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014

ratmice macrumors newbie

ratmice