App that lets you know when you are leaving your phone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by RiddlaBronc, Aug 21, 2015.

1. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

as the title states. Is there anyone currently working on an app that will allow you to get alerted when you walk a certain distance from your phone? For example, leaving the phone in the car and as you start walking away from the car the watch will remind you to check for the phone. I see many situations where this will come in handy. Even they can include a gps shot of where the phone is.

Is there something close to that in the meant time?

2. Xtian1206 macrumors newbie

a feature i miss that i had on my Pebble. would be interested to know as well if there is/will be a feature like this.

3. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

I believe the Galaxy Gear has something like that built in.

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

This should be a native feature of the OS

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

The Apple Watch has something like this with the red iPhone icon when it has lost connection with the iPhone. A tap on the wrist as a reminder seems to be an easy fix.

6. srshaw macrumors 6502

I think this too. It would be useful for me since I'm always forgetting my phone.

What would be cool in the future would be if they could connect across the internet through icloud. The watch can connect to wifi so I would imagine this is technically possible.

7. AFEPPL macrumors 68020

AFEPPL

8. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

I know the Garmin vivoactive range has no wifi, but the forums are split down the middle with those of us who hate that feature and those who love it. So if it does come in the OS then it should be configurable...