App that measures Ram on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by apple1996, Mar 21, 2012.

1. apple1996 macrumors newbie

Is there an App that tells you how much RAM you have available on the iPad. l looked at Ram Doctor HD and it seemed inaccurate. *

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

On my MacBook Pro, I use the iStat Pro widget. It's very reliable, so I think Bjango's iOS app would be too. It's 99 cents. It monitors data from computers too. I've never tried it but if I wanted to monitor my iPhone or iPad, it would be the first I would buy and try.

http://bjango.com/iphone/istat/

PS. I don't think they have an HD version made for the iPad.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

You're looking for something utterly pointless - the way RAM is used on the iPad is different from the desktop, so it should be nearly full almost all of the time. You'd be looking at numbers that look really bad but actually just indicate that everything's running normally.

Basically, just don't even think about it - it's managed automatically (and very well), there's nothing you need to do.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

5. ksundar macrumors newbie

6. apple1996 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying

@psonice Actually the iPads ram is almost never full the 1gb is never full and hitting in the 900s. It's always in the 600 something around. My iPad 2 was always around the 300 mark when l killed background apps. Thanks for everyone that was helpful!