Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silentmalek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
As subject, anyone know of an app that flashes/fades the screen when on lock to notify of a missed call/sms/email?

Cheers

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It seems to be a fairly popular request, a status light indicating missed call or incoming message. Though I would not want them to hinder the design to add it so I just press the lock button frequently.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Wouldn't that just run down the battery that everyone already bitches about?

Yes, but if they got this, they could bitch more. Which seems to be what the majority of the mac rumors user base lives for.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
You got that right. Almost every Mac user bitches incessantly about something. I've been using Apple since before the days of the Apple //c and I love every minute of it.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I suppose it's possible on a jb phone.

I know one jb app that makes your iphone into a clock, and overides the auto-power off (don't ask about battery life).

There are other jb apps that modify the lock screen to show share info, texts, calls, news tickers etc.

If that's possible, then you could certainly have an app that keeps the lock screen on, but with a black screen at lowest backlight and breathes / flashes it every now and then to show missed calls / texts. Or maybe just flicker a spot in one corner.

I'd quite like something like that actually. I jailbroke my 2G iphone a few weeks ago, and while there are some difficulties, it'd be hard for me to accept going back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.