Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
App name: AutoSleep Music Timer

Short description
A revolutionary application that monitors your sleep and automatically turns off your music when you fall asleep.

Long description
This unique application on the AppStore, helps you listen to the music you love when going to bed, without worrying about turning it off. Just let yourself fall asleep and "Autosleep Music Timer" will turn off the music for you.

Autosleep Music Timer renders all conventional -time based- timers useless. There is no need to set a specific playback duration. Autosleep Music Timer will know when to turn it off!

Autosleep Music Timer uses advanced signal processing algorithms to detect your sleep phase based on subtle vibrations detected on your iPhone's accelerometer sensor. When it detects that you are in deep sleep, it turns off the music playing application, and puts the iPhone in low power consumption mode.

In the morning Autosleep Music Timer will inform you about the duration of the music played the last night.

Autosleep Music Timer works with any music playing application that supports background playing, whether that is playing your local music or streaming audio from the internet. (warning: on the iPhone 3G you can only use the iPod application since there is no support for multitasking)

Language Localization: The application is available in English, Greek an Spanish

Get it here: http://bit.ly/linkautosleep

Last edited:

mkaramitr

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
This app is total magic!!!

Awesome!!! Finally I don't have to set a specific time to turn off the music!!
Used yesterday and worked like a charm. It stopped my music after 20minutes, I had to worry about __nothing__!!! :D :cool: :cool:
Brilliant idea!!!

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
Thank you man! Most people find it very impressive... I hope it does well on the AppStore, so that I can make it even more advanced and innovative!

Merry Christmas to all! Bye!

Awesome!!! Finally I don't have to set a specific time to turn off the music!!
Used yesterday and worked like a charm. It stopped my music after 20minutes, I had to worry about __nothing__!!! :D :cool: :cool:
Brilliant idea!!!

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
How exactly does it know when you're sleeping? Do you have to tape the iphone to your chest or something?

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
How exactly does it know when you're sleeping? Do you have to tape the iphone to your chest or something?

:D that would be funny!!! :D

No you don't have to tape it on your body. You just place it on the bed. (If you are uncomfortable sleeping with a wireless device next to you, you can set it to flight mode). The app has included detailed instructions and hints about that and how to avoid the risk of pushing the device off the bed while asleep.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It's just like the alarm clock that wakes you up at the exact time that you'll be perfectly rested.

It senses your movement using the accelerometer, and seeing that when you are in a deep sleep your movement almost stops, it turns the music off then. Pretty genius.

The sleep cycle alarm clock works like that too, except it wakes you up when you are perfectly ready, so you wake up feeling rested every morning :)

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
It's just like the alarm clock that wakes you up at the exact time that you'll be perfectly rested.

It senses your movement using the accelerometer, and seeing that when you are in a deep sleep your movement almost stops, it turns the music off then. Pretty genius.

The sleep cycle alarm clock works like that too, except it wakes you up when you are perfectly ready, so you wake up feeling rested every morning :)

Exactly! Only much harder to implement due to the music interference. If you just "listen" for movement on the accelerometer while music is playing, a hit on the bass drum, or a high pitch note from the singer can register on the accelerometer and be interpreted by the program as movement. That would be a disaster. Even just the constant "noise" from the music that is perceived on the accelerometer can make the program "deaf" to actual small movement.

To overcome these problems AutoSleep utilizes advanced signal processing of the accelerometer signal, in order to cancel out the music interference. It does most of the work on the frequency domain of the signal because as it turns out each movement, even if in the time domain has little difference, has a very characteristic signature. AutoSleep tries to detect these signatures with pattern matching and then estimates the sleep phase. When you are in deep sleep it stops the music.

The new release (when Apple comes back from Christmas vacation and we can publish new updates) is even more accurate with 100x sensitivity no matter how loud the music is playing. Very proud of it!

I will actually write a more detailed article on my blog at http://bit.ly/harkal so if you are interested you might want to subscribe to its rss feed.

John Benitez

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
Amazing! I have to buy this application immediately. I am always falling asleep without switching it off.

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
I would like to remind you that the discount offer of $0.99 is due to expire on new year's eve!

Thanks!

harkal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2010
The free version of AutoSleep is now available on the AppStore

Hello!

I'm happy to announce the release of the free (trial) version of AutoSleep Music Timer for the iPhone and iPod touch! You can download it here: http://bit.ly/autosleepfree

Now everybody can try it out, and find out how it can help them!

Thank you all for all the support all this time. :)

Best regards! :apple:

vbob

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Also, Autosleep Music Timer Free (Trial / Lite) version have a new menu called "History". This is a new feature of the application that let you see your "fall asleep time" history.

Soon there will be an upgrade to the paid version too, to include this new "history" feature.

screen-capture-45.png

Links relative to "Autosleep Music Timer":

Try it....!!!
:)

Last edited:

jjalbert

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2013
If you have "auto-lock" on your phone, will it interfere with the app? I always have auto-lock on an it is a minute. Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.