App that ONLY updates Contact's Thumbnail Picture?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tlsullivan, Oct 7, 2012.

1. tlsullivan macrumors newbie

Is there an App out there that ONLY updates your Address Book Contacts' thumbnail picture from Facebook? I don't want to import FB people that are not already in my Contacts nor do I want it to overwrite email addresses with the Facebook email address. Went down that road once and had to edit 180 contacts. Thank goodness I printed out a hardcopy first.

Thanks!

2. tlsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I just found one in the iTunes Store. It is called Photo Sync for Facebook. You can choose do a global update or choose which FB Friends you want to sync. It doesn't overwrite your Contact Address Book with people that are not already in your address book. It also doesn't mess with the email addresses you already have in your Contacts. The only tweak you may have to make is in the Contact address book itself. You may have to edit the Thumbnail and make any adjustments to get rid of blank space or to recenter. It was worth the $1.99.

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Sync.ME

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I used Sync.Me for about a year.. Sometimes when the app would update it would go days without working. I also noticed it would randomly forget contacts and pics. When it worked it was great (and it worked for about 75-80% of the time).

Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

5. SWEET GT macrumors newbie

6. tlsullivan, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

tlsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at that one and installed it. In reading the FAQ, it gives you FB statuses as well which I don't want. I was about to run it but it asked for my phone number. Sorry, not giving that out.

7. SWEET GT macrumors newbie

It will not put statuses on the pictures if you turn that feature off in settings.

I am having issues with the app now..from the latest update. Adds a "voip://" field to all contacts..even if you turn off the "cheap calling" feature (IAP).

It is also crashing on manual contact sync...so they need to fix a few things..other than that it was great for the few months that I used it.

8. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

You can change the Sync.ME settings and only set it to update your contacts thumbnails. I am not sure about the iPhone as I have only used the app on my ipod touch - it didn't ask me for my phone number.

9. cybrain29 macrumors newbie

Try Syncy

I am using Syncy and it is a pretty decent profile pic updater.