App that stops sent text messages from being delivered

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPhonelover2010, Nov 28, 2010.

1. iPhonelover2010 macrumors member

Hey everyone, a while ago I read something about an app that allows you to prevent a sent sms from being delivered (before the sending bar completes). Does anyone know what that app is called? Thanks!

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

BiteSMS has a delayed send option. You get up to 3 seconds to cancel before it will start sending. Not exactly what you described but close.

3. iPhonelover2010 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, that's interesting. I have BiteSMS, I'll check that out. But I think the app I'm talking about has a stop button where the blue send button is once the text is on its way to the recipient.

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

There is no way an App can stop a text from being delivered once it has been sent to the network. What you are describing is likely a delay placed into the program (like the 3-seconds mentioned above) before the file is actually and officially sent off to the network (AT&T for example in the US).

Since in almost every case (except cases where there is major network congestion) texts are sent and received pretty much instantaneously, even an AT&T network administrator would have a tough time stopping a text from being sent.

I would have to say the only way to 'stop' them is to incorporate a delay in sending, as BiteSMS seems to do.

6. iPhonelover2010 thread starter macrumors member

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

this is a good thread because I had no idea bitesms could do all of that! very nice post! I wish there was a site that had info like this for all apps!