app that tells you actual battery strength?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enaught, Oct 24, 2008.

1. enaught macrumors newbie

Is there an app for the iPhone that will tell you the exact strength of the battery? I know it gives me a warning at 20% and 10% capacity, but I'm wondering how you can tell the exact percentage of capacity at any given time.

I'm sure someone will tell me to do a search and that this issue has been covered here before... I have done that and don't ahve the patience to wade through 1000 posts that contain the words "app" "battery" or other words I used.

Thanks for helping another newbie with what is most likely a simple question.

E

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I know there is one available for a Jailbroken iPhone. I've tried it and it works well. Instead of the battery symbol in the upper left corner it shows a percentage.

3. enaught thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 3G

I have an iPhone 3G and don't have plans to do the jailbreak thing. Thanks for that suggestion, though. It might be useful for someone with a jailbroken phone.

E

4. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Download Bossprefs.

Enable numeric battery.

Now you have a battery icon that can be switched back and forth from the standard icon, to a percentage, simply by tapping on it.

5. Set Abominae macrumors newbie

do not mean to be rude as i am new here but doesnt that require jailbreaking the op said he has not plans of jailbreaking

6. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

You're right. I don't know how I didn't see it the first time, but I missed that part.

Sorry. I guess I forgot that I wasn't posting in the "iPhone Hacks" forum.

7. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Does that mean you won't mind being rude when you've been here a while?? :D (Just kidding!)

8. Set Abominae macrumors newbie

lol was thinking about that after i posted, did not really mean it that way

9. Manie Frizzle macrumors member

i didn't know you just can tap the battery, that's so cool. thanks!