App that tracks or counts your steps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

How far you walked

I'm looking for an app like that
    One that runs in the background
    Cause the phone has to be in sleep mode

Is Nike+ the best?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have the original Nike+ app but prefer RunKeeper, it is a GPS based app, and seems more accurate. Nike+ would come up with as much as a half a mile difference over the same course unless you keep it calibrated. RunKeeper always measures less than .1 miles difference on my run/walks. It has several of the same features plus some that Nike doesn't have.

3. brdwygurl macrumors regular

I love runMeter.

It's 4.99 I think, so not free. It lets you sync your data to your calendar, and also export it. That was the big benefit for me. I started with runkeeper but there is no way to export your data so that was a deal breaker. Runmeter has nice options of voice prompts if you want them, and apparently the newest update automatically pauses when you stop, but I haven't tried it yet.

It runs in the background. I use it in the background along with the C25K app, and music playing with no problem

4. chembox macrumors 6502a

Nike+GPS is the best running app, hands down.

It tracked my movements and corners precisely, and it shows any incline or speed differences in your route. It's worth the two bucks!

5. Reddmanz macrumors regular

I got the free version of Runkeeper and was very impressed with the features that came with it. So much so I decided I didn't need the paid one.

One thing I would say is that it drained my battery very quickly,although that is to be kind of expected and I did use it with the iPod running.