App to allow 4s to use old charging accessories?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ScoobyDoo27, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ScoobyDoo27 macrumors newbie

Doesn't apple make it so their phones can't use old accessories so you have to buy the new ones all over again? I had a car charger that I could use on my iPhone 4 but of course it doesn't work on my 4s. I've heard it's just a software workaround and that there is an app I could use to fix it. Does anyone know if this is true and what the app might be called?

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I hate the fact that old accessories don't work with each other. That sucks. I don't think there is an app where you can just download and fix this. It's more like tweak than an app. I am guessing that the problem is with the pin in the phone or cable.

3. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Resupported 4.0

You can give resupported 4.0 a try, I know the earlier version worked good but I did have a issue with this version. There is a free trial for 10 days, so it's worth a try.

The issue I had is I couldn't get video to the tv anymore when using eyetv, I was using the supported Apple composite cable. Uninstalled and back to normal.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Any charger that works with the iPhone 4 will work with the iPhone 4S. They both use USB charging. The iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G used FireWire charging and USB charging. Starting with the iPhone 3G, Apple removed the ability to charge via the FireWire pins. There is no way to reenable charging the FireWire pins because it's a hardware limitation.

6. joju58 macrumors member

joju58

+1
    i have my car charger since i bought for iPhone 3G and it works perfect with iPhone4S