App to allow photo upload to any website.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infosprt, Aug 20, 2008.

1. infosprt macrumors regular

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might know of an app to allow photo uploading from the iPhone directly to a website.

I know there are dedicated apps to upload to flickr or photobucket, etc. but what I'm looking for is an app that could work with websites.

Thank you.

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

you could try Shozu (iTunes app link)

It allows uploads to blogger etc... plus its FREE

3. infosprt thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. I downloaded the shozu app and played around with it a little. I sent an email to Shozu inquiring about adding my site gpa.me into their menu.

What I think is needed is a general iPhone app that sends a generic inquiry to a website asking it how do you upload photos to the site. The website could then send back a response that get displayed on the screen and the user then proceeds to upload to that site. The website would need to be able to handle the generic request but I don't think that would be a problem.

Another solution is for Apple to turn on the upload capability in Safari. For the life of me I don't know why Apple hasn't done that.

Does anyone else know of any iPhone apps that would do the trick?

Thank you.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I think the problem is accessing the file structure of the iPhone. Apps on the phone are built with the SDK, which can access your picture library, songs, etc, but websites usually require you to browse to the picture on your computer, and then upload it. I would agree with Apple that I wouldn't want all websites to have instant access to the deeper file structure of the phone. (shrugs) maybe a "multi-site" upload app?