App to amplify audio output? (EyeTV is really quiet)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Geoff Myers, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Geoff Myers macrumors member

I'm looking for an application, plugin, system preference pane, etc. that will allow me to amplify the audio output of an application -- I have EyeTV running on an iBook and MacBook and the sound turned to the max, but it is still REALLY quiet. There's got to be some kind of equalizer or something that can fix this. THANK YOU!

2. awado macrumors newbie

Hi Geoff!

The only way to get it working is to use the optical output. I had the same problem for the last two years now: I couldn't even hear EyeTV when the sound level was adjusted to something usual. I used "Detour" for some months (http://rogueamoeba.com/detour/). But it's discontinued. I wrote several mails to Elgato. They were were very incompetent, telling me my Mac is faulty. But it also happens on my girlfriends MacBook. But be aware that EyeTV stops system sounds when connected via TOS link. At least mine does so.

3. isheremetyev macrumors newbie

eLgato 250+ plus sound level is very low - Indeed

Hello!
    I have bought a new elgato 250 plus for Mac mini 2.26 Ghz. I notice that the sound level is ~ 3 times lower - quieter than the rest of iMAC applications. I wrote to eLgato support. They have nothing to say. They suggested using Audio Hijack. I used the application, it rises the sound, but just in the system output. But it does not correct sound level in MP2, MP4 files. And the actual sound of recording is low. It is completely inconceivable how eLgato could make such a horrible Bug !?!
    I even suggested that eLgato did it on purpose - so it may be their mp4 auxiliary encoder - "repairs" and equalizes the sound. So I did not get any confirmation form elgato support. May be they indeed made it on purpose ?
    Tnx!