App to best organize pictures?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Pete Sahut, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Pete Sahut macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I am using my IPad to take pictures of receipts so I don't have to keep the physical piece of paper and still stay organized. However, I don't like the fact that all those pictures of receipts are in my camera roll. I would like to just hide those pictures in a seperate folder. What would help me would be one of the solutions below:

- "hide" pictures so they are not visible in the camera roll and just accessable in another folder
    - automatically delete pictures from my ipad once they are uploaded to Dropbox or another cloude service -- I could just chose and upload them and then they would be gone
    - automatically copy all pictures i take to the app pickle - smart clipper, which I find great for organizing pictures
    - or any other solution that serves this purpose.

I am very thankful for any tip! I am also thankful for any hints how to best find an app that meets my wishes.

Thank you and best regards,
    Pete

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Definitely Evernote. It can even OCR them for you. And you can tag them and it's accessible everywhere. No need to mess with any uploading etc since it does it automatically. And you have some control over whether you keep local copies.

3. Pete Sahut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip

I didn't think about using Evernote, I will give it a try!

4. new-to-mac macrumors regular

scanner pro is free this week on the app store.try that. i just downloaded and will give it a go.

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

That feature in Evernote (to the best of my knowledge) requires you to be a premium subscriber. It works great but wouldn't be helpful to the free crowd.