app to combat iMovie slideshow fuzzyness?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dmaxdmax, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

When I create a slideshow in iMovie and export to iDVD there's a big loss of sharpness. I spent a lot of time trying to figure a workaround but no matter what I do it makes little difference. Going from iPhoto to iDVD is much better but you lose so much flexibility.

I know there are a couple of apps that are supposed to fix this. Does anyone have any experience with something that combines flexibility and clarity? In a perfect world I'd like to include photos and video - a picnic in iMovie but I'd rather have sharp images.

Thanks in advance

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'm about to do the same thing.

I created a photo slideshow in iPhoto, exported it, and then imported it to iMovie. I'm going to cut it now, and insert the video clips where i want.

Do you think this might work better when I export the whole thing to iDVD?

Brian

3. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502

test it first

I would try it with just 2 photos and 5 seconds of video before spending real time on it. I did a project that took hours and when I played it on our regular TV I was really disappointed. On a video projector it looked dreadful. For your use it may not matter.

I forget where the loss occurs, between iPhoto and iMovie or iMovie and iDVD but I wasn't able to make it go away.

I'll see a friend this afternoon who may be helpful. I'll post any info I get.

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Awsome!, looks like you'll be helping me more than I helped you, but thanks!

Brian