App to completely mirror remote Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Goop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Goop macrumors newbie

I don't want to open my remote Mac's desktop in a window. I want to use my client Mac like it was a workstation for the remote Mac with the remote Mac's desktop filling the screen, full resolution, etc.

Is there a "Remote Desktop" app that does this? I've only used Leopard's built in feature.

2. FongMan macrumors regular

FongMan

Apple Remote Desktop that you purchase from Apple has the fullscreen option. The built-in "Screen Sharing" feature doesn't.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I think Chicken of the VNC will do this. It is free too. Though I doubt as elegant or easy as Apple Remote Desktop.

4. Goop thread starter macrumors newbie

That's cool. So is it just as though you're working on the remote Mac? The resolution and color depth are all accurate?

5. wlh99 macrumors 6502

Is there something that performs better?

I remotely admin many macs and PCs from my mac at home. The screen sharing is KILLING me slow. I can use Microsoft remote desktop over a slow DSL and not even notice that I'm not local. Dragging windows, scrolling etc are all as smooth as if I were right there.

With Screen Sharing even with a 100Mb LAN connection it is practically unusably slow.

PC anywhere is a bit better, but the JAVA server is pretty lame and unreliable.