Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Hey, I'm on a MBP 2.4 SR, with Windows XP 32bit. I would like a program that could manage the CPU, almost like OSX does... because I'm sick of having this at 2400MHZ at all times non stop, except when I unplug it and it goes to 700mhz, but it's anoying because from time to time the machines have to kick in... for example I left it downloading last night and in the middle of the night I woke up with the fans ramped up, then they went to their normal silent operation... I tried NHC but it doesn't seem to change anything... any ideas?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
If you have smcfancontrol installed you can while in OS X set your fans rpm
reboot into windows ( not shut down ) and the fans should stay at the rpm
you set them to while in OS X

Not a total solution but it saves your Mac overheating while in Windows

Damn neil you are on a roll today. This is the second question of mine you answered in like under an hour. I owe you a beer.

Sptz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I don't want to overclock ... I just want a program that can manage the CPU clock and voltage the way OSX does... like Notebook Hardware Control, which reduces the clock when the cpu is not in use, when needed, it goes up a bit until the default clock ..

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Rightmark CPU Clock Utility will allow you to manage your clocks from the default and allow you to downclock it. I hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.