Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Are there any menubar apps available that let you control iTunes Radio from the menubar, like with a pause/next feature and a dropdown that lets you choose any of your stored stations?

There used to be a lot of these for controlling songs you have in your library, but none I could find support iTunes Radio.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
You can still put streaming stations into playlists. Right click is not reliable with streams for me, so I drag their names into the proper playlist in the left sidebar.
Once you have them in a playlist, the streams act much like normal tracks. Forward and back buttons'll move you between streams.

I put a couple Internet audio streams in a playlist called "Bugs", and these Applescripts work with them just fine:
Code:
tell application "iTunes"
	play playlist "Bugs"
end tell
Code:
	set z to name of every track of playlist "Bugs" --internet audio streams
end tell
return z

If you can find a menubar controller for playlists, it should work for playlists containing streams as well.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
You can still put streaming stations into playlists. Right click is not reliable with streams for me, so I drag their names into the proper playlist in the left sidebar.
Once you have them in a playlist, the streams act much like normal tracks. Forward and back buttons'll move you between streams.

I put a couple Internet audio streams in a playlist called "Bugs", and these Applescripts work with them just fine:
Code:
	play playlist "Bugs"
end tell
Code:
	set z to name of every track of playlist "Bugs" --internet audio streams
end tell
return z

If you can find a menubar controller for playlists, it should work for playlists containing streams as well.

It's not letting me move an iTunes Radio station into a playlist. I guess you can do it with regular shoutcast-type stations?

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
It's not letting me move an iTunes Radio station into a playlist. I guess you can do it with regular shoutcast-type stations?
I tried to move an iTunes Radio station into a playlist without success, but the older "Internet" type radio stations can be put into playlists.
I guess that's the price of progress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.