App to control iTunes Radio from menubar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shinji, Mar 15, 2014.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Are there any menubar apps available that let you control iTunes Radio from the menubar, like with a pause/next feature and a dropdown that lets you choose any of your stored stations?

There used to be a lot of these for controlling songs you have in your library, but none I could find support iTunes Radio.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

You can still put streaming stations into playlists. Right click is not reliable with streams for me, so I drag their names into the proper playlist in the left sidebar.
    Once you have them in a playlist, the streams act much like normal tracks. Forward and back buttons'll move you between streams.

I put a couple Internet audio streams in a playlist called "Bugs", and these Applescripts work with them just fine:
    Code:
    tell application "iTunes"
    	play playlist "Bugs"
    end tell
    Code:
    tell application "iTunes"
    	set z to name of every track of playlist "Bugs" --internet audio streams
    end tell
    return z
    If you can find a menubar controller for playlists, it should work for playlists containing streams as well.

3. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

It's not letting me move an iTunes Radio station into a playlist. I guess you can do it with regular shoutcast-type stations?

4. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

I tried to move an iTunes Radio station into a playlist without success, but the older "Internet" type radio stations can be put into playlists.
    I guess that's the price of progress.