App to convert .m2t files to other video formats

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swiftaw, Apr 17, 2007.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Before anyone says anything I am not trying to violate copyright or share videos or anything like that, I simply want to extract some recordings from my DVR so I can watch them on a long plane trip.

So, I have used iRecord to record from the DVR which gives me a .m2t file which I would like to convert to something Quicktime can read. I have tried converting using both VLC and MPEG Slipstream and I end up with files that are not readable. Any other apps I can try?

Thanks

2. swiftaw thread starter macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Blubbert macrumors 6502

You could try using VisualHub. the only problem is that it costs money. Or you could try iSuqint, VisualHub's free sister, which only converts to mp4.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

no experience converting m2t files, visual hub is a really good bet. i would also check out perian (a quicktime add on). maybe toast titanium can convert them aswell.....

5. macffooky macrumors regular

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yes i got that yesterday!!! the new files that it supports are amazing!! (it now supports single videos aswell, not just VIDEO_TS titles!!!! wooo)

7. macffooky macrumors regular

I use SVN to get the latest builds and sometimes forget how much they differ from the general release. Terrific app.