App to copy songs off an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by duelingdragons, Oct 27, 2007.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Either Mac or Windows, doesn't really matter.
    I just lost all my music on my machine, so I really need to copy it all back.

Thanks! =)

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I use senuti for all my iPod --> mac transfers. It works well.

3. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Is Senuti compatible w/ iPod Touch?

I tried it once before just out of curiosity, but it wouldn't recognize the device.

4. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

5. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

i dont if this works for the touch, but ipod music liberator worked for me when i wanted to take the songs off my mini to put on my touch since i didnt have most on computer

6. 667-75 macrumors newbie

Hi

Ipod Access for Windows (of even the Mac version) works pretty well for that job. Just download the (limited) trial version on their website and see for yourself. The webpage only says "iPhone compatible", but I emailed them and asked them if I could use it with the ipod Touch (since both are pretty similar) and they told me it'd work and that they'd "officially" add Touch support on the next upgrade. I tried it, it worked flawlessly, so I bought the program.

I'm really glad that it did, because I had read here and there that with the new file system and the fact that the Touch isn't UMS, getting my songs off the device wouldn't be possible before long. Now I hope that other programs, such as Sharepod for instance (which I still use on my Nano), can catch up.

7. intempo808 macrumors regular

I found one for Windows, which has a funny name, but it seems to do the job... well it did with my second generation ipod nano... its called iDump...

However, I dont know if it works with the new iPod's yet...
    ;)

8. motownflip macrumors regular

I've used podutil before, although I haven't tried it with my touch.

9. mvb macrumors newbie

iPhoneDrive

If you haven't found it already, check out iPhoneDrive. The new version lets you copy music and photos from the iPod Touch.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iphonedrive/

(BTW: For Mac only)

10. Miner Willy macrumors regular

Podworks works a treat. had it for years now and it works on all my iPods including the touch

11. djgex macrumors newbie

Don't Waste Your Money!!!

I am serious! Don't! Senuti works with iPod Touch, i am backing up my songs and videos as i am writing. Its just that you have to download the beta version of the software. The other software are good too, but open source is the best way to go.

ANd btw, if still on a windows computer, i recommend taking it up and throwing it out of the window. (Not before online ordering your mac) sorry being lame...

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Why download any software? All you have to do is enable disk use on your iPod, then enable hidden files and folders, then look in your iPods directory and you will see "iPod control", open it you will see your music folders with weirdly named folders like "F00" and "F01", open those, drag and drop those song files into itunes and authorize your computer. When you put the songs in they will rename themselves properly.

It sounds like a pain but it takes minutes.

13. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

This method does not work with the iPod touch, as the touch cannot be used as a hard disk.

14. shreddog macrumors member

Does anyone know which app works to get Photos off of the ipod Touch? I read through the megaphone app, but it says it as automatically resized.

My hard drive crashed and I am trying to salvage whatever I can off of my touch.

Thanks.

15. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

doenstw ork fro the touch from what ihear.

16. aalexbaldwin macrumors newbie

He's right, the beta works fine for the ipod touch. I got a new Macbook for college and the beta solved all my iTunes transfer problems

not to mention its FREE

beta: http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/download/0.50.2b8/

17. CornLord macrumors newbie

18. HKeleher macrumors newbie

I've used the iPod Access for Windows v4.2.2 with great success. Works on Vista 64-bit too which is nice. The link I provide here even states (in red no less so it stands out) that the Touch is supported.

19. star-fish macrumors regular

Seconding iDump.

It's the only one I've found that was free with no limits or restrictions.

20. forthehandyman macrumors newbie

myPodApps...

Check out the following website:

http://www.myPodApps.com/

This guys has many different apps for Mac and PC that allow you to manipulate your Apple devices, and the best part of all is that all of his software is free.