App to create a FTP Server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .fred, Dec 30, 2007.

1. .fred macrumors regular

Hello.

Which are the more recommended apps for creating a FTP Server? I'm not looking for a client,though.

Thanks!

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

There is a built-in FTP client.. don't want to use that?

3. .fred thread starter macrumors regular

Hey yellow, and all.

I have tried this already, on Leopard. I thought that it would be just a tick of the box file sharing, options and select FTP, but i was wrong. How do i create a user account and all? Don't i need this?

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

All user accounts are created locally on the computer, so just create and account as normal via System Preferences -> Accounts.

5. .fred thread starter macrumors regular

Hey yelllow. If i wnt to share my files over a wireless network which both computers are connected to, can the built in one do it?

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

If you're just sharing with your own computer, within your own network, then just use regular file sharing and don't get caught up in an FTP server. Unfortunately, I don't have Leopard installed on anything at hand, so I can't tell you the specifics of how to share.

7. .fred thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, Yellow.

This is the case: I want to share files over my Wireless Network with another computer on Vista. We're both connected by out wireless network. When you have Leopard at hand, please teach me on how to go about on this. Thanks.

Fred.