App to create a screenshot from the iPhone-Simulator for the App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by shark4ever, Sep 12, 2008.

1. shark4ever macrumors newbie

shark4ever

Hi iPhone-Devs,

i just hacked a small tool to take a screenshot from the iPhone-Simulator, which can be used directly in iTunes Connect. The screenshots can be saved without the status bar as a JPEG in the resolution 320*460 pixels.

You can download it for free:
    http://www.curioustimes.de/iphonesimulatorcropper/index.html

It is from a iPhone developer for iPhone developers.

Best regards,
    Oliver

2. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Not to knock your efforts but wouldn't it be more well suited to just use the screenshot part built in to XCode's Organizer?

3. shark4ever thread starter macrumors newbie

shark4ever

It depends, for my screenshots i use test data which i do not want to be on my iPhone. Also switching to different languages is much simpler on the iPhone-Simulator (less setting entries).

When you use the XCode Organizer you still have to crop the 20 pixels on top (status bar) with a graphical software manually and convert it to a JPEG.

I tried to look at your "Mint Nutrition" in the App Store which is currently down. But i am sure your screenshots are with the status bar. The customers are not interested in which carrier you use, time taken the screenhots, ...

This informations are from the "iPhone Developer User Guide":
    For best results, don't include the iPhone status bar in your screenshot and follow these requirements:
    - 320x460 portrait (without status bar)

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

I tried using your application, but it kept saying 'Cannot find iPhone Simulator.'

5. willcodejavafor macrumors regular

6. ianray macrumors 6502

Thanks for sharing :)

I've been using Preview to take a screenshot of the simulator window, then manually cropping it; this way is a lot easier!