Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Is there an app to disable the trackpad on a MBP temporarily?

When I'm working on audio productions in Pro Tools, I use a mouse. And when I'm using shortcut commands on the keyboard, my palm will frequently touch the trackpad or brush it, and it'll sometimes throw me off my zooming or moving to another spot on my timeline, etc.

I need something to turn it on an off. An app with an icon like Caffeine that sits at the top of the screen would be awesome. Not sure if anything like this exists.

Alternatively is there a quick way to disable it in settings? I didn't see one, nor can I see why they would even put this in, as for most people, if it was on, they'd think they're computer was broken.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can disable when the mouse is plugged in. The setting it in the Universal Access pref pane on Snow Leopard and Trackpad/Mouse on Leopard.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
You can disable when the mouse is plugged in. The setting it in the Universal Access pref pane on Snow Leopard and Trackpad/Mouse on Leopard.

Awesome! Didn't know that was there. This has been bothering me for some time, and I just never thought to do something about it. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.