App to edit google docs

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by lillumultipass, Mar 31, 2011.

1. lillumultipass macrumors member

Hi to all,

has anyone found a good app to download/upload and above all edit Google Docs documents and spreadsheets?
    I know of GoDocs but it seems that it is not that good...

Thanks!

2. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I personally use Documents to Go all the time - between great capabilities, Google Docs integration, use of SugarSync, iDisk, DropBox, direct edit of Word, Excel and Powerpoint stuff, and on and on .. definitely worth the money!

3. lillumultipass thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!
    Indeed, it looks very good!
    It seems that only the premium version allows for editing of dropbox documents.

Regarding the excel module (the one I would use most of the time), is it convenient to use?
    Have you been able to compare it to Numbers for instance?

Thanks again!

4. Aidoon macrumors newbie

Aidoon

I am looking for the same. I currently edit my docs through the browser but editing spreadsheet cells can be challenging.

The description for GoDocs seems to confirm that the product offers editing capabilities but the recent reviews indicate otherwise. Feedback would be welcome.

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I am an dual-degreed optical engineer & statistician, so I have lived for decades in spreadsheet-type programs, and therefore tend to prefer Excel to Numbers. I find Numbers a pain to use on the Mac, and the 'cell at a time' entry method on the iPad even worse. So I think it depends on what you prefer on your desktop.

6. lillumultipass thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback!

I work in the Finance industry and use sperasheets a lot as well, so I guess I will prefer Excel!