App to ftp HD video from iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shellshocked, Mar 2, 2011.

1. shellshocked macrumors newbie

I have the iPhone 4. I want to ftp the HD video clips in the iPhone camera roll back to my server at home.

I haven't found an app that can do it yet.

Many apps with ftp abilities seem to want to recompress the video.

GoodReader recompressed a 100mb clip into 25 mb before sending it.

MediaTransfer seemed promising but you couldn't select videos, only send the whole camera roll?

I haven't bought any of the more expensive apps yet, not sure if they can do what I want.

I'm not looking to upload to youtube or pixelpipe or similar service, only to my own ftp server.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

GoodReader does this task pretty well, provided that you can get the HD movies onto its file system :/

3. shellshocked thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not my experience at all.

GoodReader can import the videos and photos from the camera roll but it recompresses the videos.

To be clear, the videos I'm talking about are the ones I shoot using the iPhone 4 camera app in video mode.

4. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

I'm looking for the same thing. I just set up FreeNAS on a home server, and I would love to be able to FTP my uncompressed vacation photos and videos so I don't have to bring along my laptop to offload them.

5. darloal macrumors newbie

I'm using cameraSync to do this.

I take photos / video - load up the Camerasync then exit straight away.
    It does it all for me in the back ground.
    The only bummer is that is doesn't do this as soon as I've clicked the camera shutter. I've seen apps like that but you need to take the photo in the actual app and it happens on an indivdual basis. I wanted a bulk uploader.

With Camerasync I can go out for a day, take a dozen photos a bit of video then when I'm ready open the app and it looks for new items on my camera roll. Anything new gets uploaded to my photo folder on my NAS via FTP. (You can specify where it goes)
    When I get in my house I DLNA it from my NAS to the TV.
    Then when I'm bothered I create a folder on the NAS called "My day out April 2011" or whatever.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Does CameraSync compress the video's or pictures in any way??

7. LMD75, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

LMD75 macrumors 6502

Photo Transfer App will do it. This app is superb and the Developer is quick to respond to emails. Check out the reviews and Developer's web site on iTunes.

The app will transfer videos and images from your camera roll to your PC without compressing them and it will also transfer from your PC to your camera roll.

I came across this app as I hated the way iTunes compressed pictures /videos. It does exactly what I needed it for and was worth the £1.79 or $3. Great app /Great support.

EDIT: Sorry just re-read your original post. This app will not automatically FTP files to your server as you need to be on the same network and load up a web browser on the server.

8. shellshocked thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried Camerasync, it doesn't compress the videos. It holds its promise of keeping the original quality of the video.

Its a bulk uploader though, like MediaTransfer

The problem I have is that normally a minute of video will be around 80 mb and if you have many clips it would be nice to be able to choose a specific video to upload. Otherwise uploading might take to long and you wont get that world order changing scoop safely to the ftp server cause it took too long to upload that video of the hilarious monkey or whatever.

9. hetaali macrumors newbie