Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobrichards101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
Hello, my friend needs an app along the lines of a secret calculator that can hide apps as well as photos in order to hide snapchat. I'm an Android user so I'm less experienced in iOS. The difficult part of this is that she doesn't have her AppleID password so she couldn't install either app from the app store, if y'all could link me to a place where I can download Snapchat and something to hide it to be installed from file I would be greatly appreciative, provided non-jailbroken iphones have the ability to install from untrusted sources, of course.

Aximalli147

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
They don't. You can only download direct from the App Store with an Apple ID. iOS also doesn't allow any apps that can "hide" other apps. The best you can do is tuck it in a folder somewhere. There are apps that will hide photos, but that's about it.

Reactions: bobrichards101

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Tell your friend to listen to his parents and not use it if they've told him to stop using it. (If I'm wrong that this isn't the situation, I apologize, but it's about the only situation for this I can think of.)

Reactions: willmtaylor

bobrichards101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
They don't. You can only download direct from the App Store with an Apple ID. iOS also doesn't allow any apps that can "hide" other apps. The best you can do is tuck it in a folder somewhere. There are apps that will hide photos, but that's about it.
Thanks for your help, too bad about that limitation.

bobrichards101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2015
It's a work phone and she's too cheap to buy a separate one for personal use.
Tell your friend to listen to his parents and not use it if they've told him to stop using it. (If I'm wrong that this isn't the situation, I apologize, but it's about the only situation for this I can think of.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.