app to hide txts?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gimmeiphone, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

is there any app to stop my txts showing up on my screen, all i wana see is the persons name who sent it or just you have a txt! lol there must be something its stupid to have it do this

2. nownot macrumors regular

3. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

You can lock up your iPhone so that you put a password in every time you wake it up and slide to unlock. You have the option to turn off SMS notification if you do that.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

yes but if the phone is unlocked, it will show up

also entering the code everytime is annoying

to all developers - could you find away of hiding the text message contents. or pass coding just the sms app rather than the whole phone.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I somehow doubt this is possible because of the way the iPhone stores the messages.

And if you're in need of hiding them for whatever reason, maybe consider that you shouldn't be doing what you are....

6. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

If you're OK doing a jailbreak (which I assume you are since you're posting this in the Hacks section) you can try 2 things.. PYSL (Protect Your Secret Life) or Kate. (Kate is available on Installer, PYSL is through Cydia)

Both do the same thing, but slightly different. With PYSL you can open thier app to view your SMSes, with Kate you still use the default SMS application, it just hides the text that comes in. Both of them put a little notification icon next to your battery in the upper right so you'll know you have something waiting (or you can set an audible/vibrate alert).

I had used PYSL on 1.1.4, but now prefer Kate, even though it costs. (PYSL is free).

7. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

i shouldnt entitle myself to some privacy?:D

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Go right ahead with the privacy but depending on what you're doing a pre-paid phone number might be more secure.

9. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

who are u to say what they should be doing...geez

10. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Huh? Classic example of unnecessarily judging someone there, buddy.. Just because someone doesn't want their text messages to pop up for all to see that means they're into some unscrupulous activities? C'mon now..

I find it to be annoying to, and if an app became available that would prevent the texts from doing this I would certainly download it.. Doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong, but if that's what you think, you're entitled to your opinion- as wrong as it may be..

11. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

i am on a prepaid sim, im not doing anything wrong i just dont want nosy b@st@rds reading my txts u know?

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

holier than thou much? puhleeze.

13. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

These "nosy bastards" you speek of, who are they?

14. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

the person sat next to me on the bus, on the train, at a bar, parents, brothers basically everyone i know has a right beak on em lmao

15. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

16. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

oh, right:)