App to learn easy typing on iPad key board ?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by tips, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tips macrumors member

Is there an app where it can give some drill to type fast on iPad soft key board ?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, there are some. Just go to the app store and search "type" and "typing."

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

4. Mdifilm macrumors regular

5. icupcake macrumors member

icupcake

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually kinda likes the iPad keyboard. My wrists get super sore on my laptop but not so on the iPad. I'm willing to give up a bit of speed for the comfort, I guess. As for apps, definitely check out the app store. I also read about a silicone keyboard overlay for the iPad that has received over 100 thousand dollars on Kickstarter. Not sure when it's coming out but it looks like a neat alternative!

6. tips thread starter macrumors member

I think I agree, soft-keyboard on ipad is the best way to go, but without training, it sucks. That's why I think going through a software which can drill will definitely help.

One app 'Typing' that I downloaded, is good, but it has not drill session in portrait mode!.

7. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Just using it a lot is the best training, IMO. I can type fairly quickly one-handed on it now - it's definitely easier to type one-handed on than a regular keyboard.

8. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Just keep using it. It'll feel natural in less time than you think.

9. jojoba macrumors 68000

I got a LogiTech keyboard. It's very light and also serves as a case for the iPad, so it's really not a whole lot of 'extra' to carry around.