Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipmil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2008
I´m working for a company that recently started using ipad for personell working away from the office.

We need a way for these users to change password for their active directory accounts without using citrix or rdp. We would prefer an app.

Anyone have a suggestion to apps that will allow a normal user to change passord and unlock his/hers account?

Other ways to solve this problem are welcome :)

ipmil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2008
I think if you use Outlook Web Access you can change the password ... And remote wipe in combination with Exchange server

Problem is that the option to change password do not appear when you are logged in to the owa using an ipad.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Problem is that the option to change password do not appear when you are logged in to the owa using an ipad.

hmm, thats strange; I have it in my options ... but also never really tried yet. Of course it could be "just" changing the Exchange account password; but normally we have SingleSignOn. I might try tomorrow when back in office.

And I was connected via VPN, incase that would make a difference. We can't reach OWA via regular internet.

ipmil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2008
Found an app called Windows Domain Password Change And reminder from BitsAbound Inc.

I think this will solve my problem, but a bit pricy. Looking into OWA to see if there is a config issue regarding the change password option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.