Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solo118

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Hi All,

For work purposes, I like to take photos from my phone and load them onto excel sheets, and email them etc.

I do not need to have each photo at 2mb, etc. Is there an app that will allow me to lower the size of each photo I take and save it to my camera roll?

If it matters, the resize would not need to be higher than 640x480 resolution. If I could cut picture size down from mbs to kbs I would be a very happy person :)

Thanks in advance.

GP20

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Simply email the pics to yourself and choose the smaller size option before it sends?

macandiPhone

macrumors member
May 25, 2012
One of the simplest solution to reduce the size of photos is to capture photos of lower resolution.

I prefer using Camera Plus Pro for doing it. It provides me 3 different resolution modes that although reduces the resolution but also reduces the size.

Hope it helps you too.:)

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Please report back how it works.

I use Evernote a lot with pics in each note but hate that the pics are so big. I would like to find an easy way to resize pics then import them into Evernote

idea2real

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
Simply create a screen shot , then cut the edge .

Simply create a screen shot , then cut the edge .
Hi All,

For work purposes, I like to take photos from my phone and load them onto excel sheets, and email them etc.

I do not need to have each photo at 2mb, etc. Is there an app that will allow me to lower the size of each photo I take and save it to my camera roll?

If it matters, the resize would not need to be higher than 640x480 resolution. If I could cut picture size down from mbs to kbs I would be a very happy person :)

Thanks in advance.

solo118

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Please report back how it works.

I use Evernote a lot with pics in each note but hate that the pics are so big. I would like to find an easy way to resize pics then import them into Evernote

I like Simple Resize. It works perfect, as I just snap a shot and I can then resize it and it leaves a copy in my camera roll.

I tried Camera Plus Pro too this morning, but the photos were not as nice, and the file size was a bit bigger than I wanted.

Thanks to everyone for the help. If anyone needs a great resizing app, I would recommend Simple Resize.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
I like Simple Resize. It works perfect, as I just snap a shot and I can then resize it and it leaves a copy in my camera roll.

I tried Camera Plus Pro too this morning, but the photos were not as nice, and the file size was a bit bigger than I wanted.

Thanks to everyone for the help. If anyone needs a great resizing app, I would recommend Simple Resize.
Glad to help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.