App to make Title and Text Frames for Videos

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Pete the Geek, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I am looking for an app that can flexibly add text to a picture or video and save it to the camera roll.

I made my first iMovie video on my iPad 2 and it went fine. It's a gameplay video that you can see in HD here and in regular definition here. One issue I had making the video is creating the title frames. The title tools in iMovie don't let you make text-on-solid-background frames and don't seem to offer much flexibility. I ended up using Photoshop on my PC to make JPGs that were quite easy to pop into iMovie, via the Camera Connection Kit and the Camera Roll. In the future, I want to skip the PC and make title frames on my iPad.

So, I'm looking for something that can add text to either a video clip or a picture and export the result to the camera roll. I know that Keynote will do the first part (adding text to a slide), but does it let you export a single slide as a picture? If so, that may be a flexible solution.

I welcome your ideas and suggestions.

2. Pete the Geek thread starter macrumors regular

It looks like ArtStudio for iPad has the text functions I need as part of a useful full-featured drawing program.