App. to make windows snap to edges of screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrianStoiber, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. BrianStoiber macrumors member

    Apr 1, 2008
    Joliet, IL
    I have been a long time PC user and have just switched to a Mac. So far I love it but the one thing I am missing more than anything else is a program called AllSnap ( What this would do is if the window for any program came within a certain distance from the edge of the screen (or another window) it would snap to that edge. This saved me tons of time in trying to line up windows (I am OCD). Does anyone know of a program that can do this? I have searched a lot but have been unsuccessful so far.

    Thanks advance for your help.
  2. Awfki macrumors newbie

    Apr 5, 2008
    If you find one let me know

    I also recently purchased a Mac (instead of Vista) and I'm looking for replacements for some of my favorite utilities. Allsnap, Autohotkey and StrokeIt all seem to be without Mac equivalents.
  3. johnclayton macrumors newbie

    May 1, 2008
    Hi guys,

    Shameless plug time :)

    You can get some of this functionality in a program called 'Zooom' - which has a feature called Magnetics, enabling you to snap windows to the sides of the screen and dock.

    its available at this address:

    The current version is missing the snap to window edge feature, but it *miiiight* get it soon enough (hint).

    John Clayton
    author of Zooom
  4. KelchM macrumors regular

    Aug 17, 2007
    How about the ability to have snap to edges always on without holding down any keys?
  5. ubercool macrumors 6502a


    Jan 31, 2008
    Las Vegas
    OMG! A fellow OCD sufferer! And I thought I was the only one who fussed over window edges! :D

  6. Macsterling macrumors regular


    Sep 24, 2007
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

    Try an app called drag thing. Its the best app I've used in a long time.
  7. KelchM macrumors regular

    Aug 17, 2007
    Is this what you mean?

    What does this have to do with snap to edges?

Share This Page