Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2013
Hi everyone

Im searching for an app that can manage both calendar and reminder apps. Main reason i want this is i dont want to switch between apps to view or manage the events, reminders i have. I bought many apps this week 2do, alarmed, calendar5, omnifocus2... None of them was like what i want. Only program i found which can manage both calendar and reminders so far is awesome note but becouse its a mainly a note taking app, the interface is not as so good for calendar&reminder.

One of my friend recommend me pocket informant but since i already spent 20dolars kn omnifocus and didnt like it, i wanted to ask more people for their opinions and recommendations...

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
I was looking for something similar too. Sort of gave up.

There are a couple I've noticed but none are great.

There is Cal & any.do which sync up together but the reminders are only noticeable when you turn the phone landscape.

I think Agenda 4 has reminders that sync -- but only when you have a time/date reminder.

Some others add them too.

Problem is most of my reminders are not time/date specific, just a general list of things to do, and i would like them to appear every day in the calendar view, but no apps seem to do that.

So basically I still use two separate apps for that -- Tempo and Any.do

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
Calendars 5 by Readdle does exactly what you are looking for.

You can sync your Google and/or iOS calendar with it as well as syncing Google tasks and/or iOS reminders.

I use it and it's great.

Canzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2013
I tried so many apps that Im convinced that there is none. Today I have downloaded Pocket Informant pro, which is nice, but still, I want a simple app can show past, due, tomorrow, next week events&reminders in a single basic page. I think this is the first time I cant find an app for what I need...

dagdagdag234

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Does readdle calendar 5 show the list of day's events below the month view calendar? I can't find any screenshots that show iPhone versions month view.

Also do tasks appear on a separate screen or are they intergrated into the calendar?

$6.99 is a little pricey

----------

Does readdle calendar 5 show the list of day's events below the month view calendar? I can't find any screenshots that show iPhone versions month view.

Also do tasks appear on a separate screen or are they intergrated into the calendar?

$6.99 is a little pricey

Canzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2013

$6.99 is a little pricey

----------

$6.99 is a little pricey

No and yes... Tasks are integrated but not so good... Depends on how you would like to see it. It shows every task in today even its not dated. Its a better UI calendar with regular calendar app features....

snowman1

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010

$6.99 is a little pricey

----------

$6.99 is a little pricey

1) The monthly view does show a list of events for each day, but it is not scrollable. However, you can pan in and out to see more events (as well as tasks for any given day).
2) Tasks do appear on a separate screen (not shown in the screenshots).
3) Tasks are also integrated into the day view, month view, and list view.

Fantastical 2 is coming out this month so I think you should hold off purchasing Calendars 5 until F2 is released. Fantastical has a slightly better text-parsing engine, but I feel that its views are not as good as Calendars 5's.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 83
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 76
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 102

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Calendars 5 by Readdle does exactly what you are looking for.

You can sync your Google and/or iOS calendar with it as well as syncing Google tasks and/or iOS reminders.

I use it and it's great.

They just updated again today & I was REALLY hoping that they would add background sync. If I add a reminder via Siri (or in Outlook which syncs with my iCloud ios reminders) then Calendar 5 will not see it until I open Calendar 5 first... so notifications only work some of the time.

I'd really like a reminders app that syncs with ios reminders that will refresh in the background so the notifications work (I dont like the way the ios 7 notifications show up on my lock screen).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.