App to organise all kinds of files - like Together...but different

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maddin4j, Sep 28, 2009.

1. maddin4j macrumors member

Hey guys :)

I have used together for quite a while now but the Problem is that its seriously lagging. I would use it if they would optimise the code (e.g. 64bit) but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. I have tried Yojimbo which is amazingly fast but it only takes certain types of files.

So basically what I am looking for is a nicer UI for using folders in Finder. I don't take any notes in those apps because I do so in OmniOutliner (which Yojimbo doesn't take). So I just want to have an app where I can make folders and subfolders (and more subfolders). And it should take every kind of files, no matter what it is. It should even take trojans if it can.

One thing I would like to see is that it's library should actually contain folders. For example, in Together, the library where it stores the information I put in it, are actually normal folders.
    Thus, I can put that library in my Dropbox folder and still access all my files.

I really really hope that there is something like that. I just want to use it for college and have all my files organised.

Thanks for your help!

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

3. maddin4j thread starter macrumors member

I haven't really read it but I quickly went through it. Not sure but I think it pretty much said that I should use Finder.

I don't really like DevonThink because it always wants some of its services to run on startup. And it's not really cheap but I might try the trial (again).

Any other suggestions? btw, thanks :)