App to print from Epson 835

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pak14life, Apr 14, 2012.

1. pak14life macrumors member

Yo yo,

Looking for an app that allows me to print from my iPad, would mostly be printing documents created in pages. Preferably would not require any software on my laptop as my printer is wifi capable. I tried the official Epson app, but it is hot garbage.

Thanks in advance y'all

2. eq2675 macrumors regular

If you have the printer attached to a Mac or PC, you should try Fingerprint. Works super with my Samsung ML-2525W

http://www.collobos.com/

3. pak14life thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for responding

The printer is connected to my wifi network

4. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

5. pak14life thread starter macrumors member

I tried it and it is very bad. Not good to print documents on, which is what I'm mainly trying to do.

6. ptsube macrumors 6502

7. pak14life thread starter macrumors member

I tried that but I always get a "printer offline" message . Thnx tho.

8. MickeyLynn macrumors newbie

I have a wifi Epson printer and I've had good luck with printjinni.

9. eq2675 macrumors regular

That's OK. If you have a PC or Mac on the same network that can print to the Epson it's worth giving Fingerprint a try. There is a free trial period. My Samsung ML-2525W is networked and not connected by USB and Fingerprint works great.

10. b.c. macrumors 6502

do you use Dropbox? if so you can set up an Automator folder action to automatically print files received in dropbox on your Mac to connected printer. see this article

don't know if it will work with Pages documents, but it does work for things like PDFs and images. Not exactly what you're looking for, and I don't use Pages so don't know if there's an easy path on the iPad from Pages to Dropbox, but it might do the job for you?

11. eq2675 macrumors regular

The app to bridge Pages, Numbers, and Keynote to Dropbox is iSMEStorage. It's a one time App fee of $5 and well worth it.

Fingerprint also provides a virtual printer that dumps the document straight in to a Dropbox account. Pretty cool if you ask me.