Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I am looking for an app (preferably free) that will allow me to record short videos in which my eyes and mouth are superimposed over funny faces, like animals for example.

I tried using Snapchat, but I can only seem to take photos, not videos. I found an article that said there should be a circular icon on my screen that I can hold to record a 10 second video, but my screen doesn't have this icon and I'm not sure why.

Are there any other apps that would allow me to do this?

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks. I've tried MSQRD and while it does have a lot of faces, it seems like they are all ones where an object or paint is added to my face, as opposed to a static object with my eyes and mouth. Are there any apps that have things like that?

I also tried Instagram, but that didn't have those either.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I tried using Snapchat, but I can only seem to take photos, not videos. I found an article that said there should be a circular icon on my screen that I can hold to record a 10 second video, but my screen doesn't have this icon and I'm not sure why.

It's the same on-screen button you use to take a photo. You just hold it down instead of pressing it like you do for a photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.