App to REMOVE images in iPad 2??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zelduh, May 18, 2011.

1. zelduh macrumors newbie

I thought I synched only photos in my Mac to my iPad 2.

Wrong. Somehow, a subfolder I have on my Mac that includes THOUSANDS of animated gifs and .jpg logos was copied to my iPad. :mad: It sucked up several gigs of memory - and it shows up in my iPad's slideshow. :eek:

Is there an app to delete unwanted images? :confused: It would be so cool if I could delete large groups of unwanted images, rather than individual images.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Not from the iPad, each 3rd party application is sand-boxed in to it's own little folder, it can't access anything outside that. You'll need to uncheck the folder which contains the unwanted images in iTunes, then sync.

3. zelduh thread starter macrumors newbie

This is my point. I would like an APPLICATION that I can use ON MY iPad to delete gifs and logo .jpgs.

BTW - Where are the alleged "folders" (that contain the 1,000s of unwanted images) stored?

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

As far as I know, the only photos that should be synced to your iPad are those stored in iPhoto on your Mac (Aperture too?). If you have those folders with gifs in iPhoto then they're probably being synced to your device. On iTunes when your iPad is plugged in you can specify under the photos tab which photos you want to be synced, whether it be imports from the last twelve months or specific albums only or all the photos in iPhoto. What the other member was saying is that you won't be able to find an AppStore app to delete your iPad photos because those apps aren't allowed to delete albums from your iPad so the app probably wouldn't have been approved by Apple.

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

He's saying what you're asking for is impossible - that app can't delete from your photos on the iPad. (I don't know if that's true or not, I'm just clarifying).

His suggestion is probably your best bet - remove the folder in iTunes and sync again.

6. zelduh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I fumbled around and created an "iPad-Pix" folder, into which I put only photos I want on my iPad. The, somehow, I got iTunes to switch to that folder. Then, I synched. It worked.

Phew!

7. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Should probably get a little more familiar with iTunes. :eek: