App to require password at work but not at home?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johannnn, Dec 11, 2011.

1. johannnn macrumors 6502a

johannnn

My laptop is not compatible with Kensington locks (Air :(), so I need some security on the machine at work. However, requiring password for waking up and booting up is really cumbersome at home.

Do you guys know of any minimal app that lets me have "two modes"?, one with security and one with not? So I can just switch mode when I get to work or home, rather than going into System Preferences and change some settings

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not the same as what you're looking for, but you could just keep your Mac from sleeping when you're at home, so you don't have to enter the password. Caffeine enables you to temporarily override your Energy Saver preferences and keep your computer awake, with just a mouse click on the Menu Bar.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

Try iAlertU. Simply make a keyboard shortcut and enable it at work and not enable it at home.

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I vaguely remember an app that allowed you to choose whether to enter a password or not depending on the WiFi network you were on, but unfortunately I don't remember the name of it. However, iAlertU is a great option; RedHand does the same thing as well.