Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Anyone know of a good app where I can scan my DVD collection and save to my phone?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
I've got 4000 cds i need to sell so need something to catalogue them too. I'm thinking I might use a barcode scanner.

Try searching in the app store for "barcode scanners".

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I'm not sure what you are asking
Are you wanting to rip your DVDs and view them on your phone?

I am unclear on your request

Sorry to be unclear I a, looking for a app that I can scan all my dvd's and have all that info on my phone and possible show pics of the dvds I scan with info

----------

I've got 4000 cds i need to sell so need something to catalogue them too. I'm thinking I might use a barcode scanner.

Try searching in the app store for "barcode scanners".

Thanks

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Anyone know of a good app where I can scan my DVD collection and save to my phone?

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

I use DVDPedia on my Mac to track all my DVDs and Blu-Ray moves. When you get a new disc just fire up the app and scan in the bar code and the new movie gets added along with IMDB data. It works quite well. I see they have a companion iOS app that syncs to the OS X app, and that might meet your needs. Have not tried the iOS app myself, but the OS X app works nicely for my purposes.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I use DVDPedia on my Mac to track all my DVDs and Blu-Ray moves. When you get a new disc just fire up the app and scan in the bar code and the new movie gets added along with IMDB data. It works quite well. I see they have a companion iOS app that syncs to the OS X app, and that might meet your needs. Have not tried the iOS app myself, but the OS X app works nicely for my purposes.

Sounds like a great program
What do you use to scan on your Mac?

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007

Thanks for the info I just found one called my movie collection pro will try that and also the one you mentioned

Thanks again

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
It uses the iSight camera to scan the barcode from the disc case.

Thought so, but wanted to be sure
Sounds really slick

Our company uses scan guns for a number of inventory items
I wanted to see if you were using anything like that on your Mac
I didn't think so, because it would seem much simpler to use an iOS app

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thought so, but wanted to be sure
Sounds really slick

Our company uses scan guns for a number of inventory items
I wanted to see if you were using anything like that on your Mac
I didn't think so, because it would seem much simpler to use an iOS app

Just to be clear, I meant is uses the Mac iSight camera. I don't use the iOS app, so don't know if you can use that to scan.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I use iCollect Movies and am quite happy with it. It scans the barcode and pre-fills a lot of info. Also has ability to track a DVD if you loan it out etc.

There's a free and Pro version. At least check it out.

Mike

Last edited:

lpeedin

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2011
Home Library is another you might want to check out. I use it for music, DVDs, books, equipment, etc. Its bar code scanner has matched on every one I've scanned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.