App to set times for e-mail beep?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ks-man, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Does anybody know an app where I can specify the time of day I want my e-mail (and possibly other functions) to give an audible beep?

I like having my e-mail beep while I'm awake, but I get a lot of mail throughout the night and I hate hearing the e-mail beep (especially when it wakes me up). I also don't want to have to set the phone to silent or drill down into the settings.

It seems like it shouldn't be hard to have e-mail beep only during a specified time range.

2. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

3. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Syk macrumors 6502a

That's been a gripe of mine since I had my 3G. On my old WinMo phone i could tell it what time of day or days to push my mail.

I'd love that feature also. Push mail M-F 7am-8p S-S just manually fetch it or something every hour up until around 8p

5. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

It sounds like Blackberrys have something called bedside mode. This would be the best way where you can tell it what audio alerts you want while in bedside mode.

Bedside mode is activated when you plug your phone into the charger.

6. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

You don't mind an incoming call or text but the little mail sound bothers you at night? Only thing you can do it set it to Manually fetch before bed and turn Push off. No App will manipulate iPhone settings (may be able if you JB).

7. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

It isn't an issue of "minding" the sound of an incoming call. I need to answer my phone if it rings at night. I get calls from work so I must be available. I rarely get Texts at night.

I'm surprised that you can't set audible alerts based on time of day. It seems like it would be useful and very easy to do.

8. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Think about it! If someone calls you at 3AM it is probably important. If you get an email at 3AM it's probably junk!

9. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Or Mac Rumors forum notifications....so...yeah, okay....junk. ;)

But, yes. Having more notification prefs would be nice. Especially audible reminders of missed calls. I guess they at Apple figure if you own an iPhone you're always obsessively checking the screen/using it anyways.