Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
My company does not use ActiveSync - they prefer BB devices. They just started trialing Good for Enterprise but it may be a while until it is rolled out. From what I have seen it is not as slick as the normal Apple mail app. I have tried setting up a new account using with our Exchange Server (2003) server and domain settings and it does not work. Maybe they block it somehow.
I was wondering if there any app that would let me connect the Apple mail app through OWA?

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
If you are on exchange 2k3 try setting up the email as exchange on the iPhone and when asked for server address enter the full URL for your OWA. It works for me.

Using the server address and domain won't work unless you're connected to the network via VPN.

Alternatively there's OWA apps on the App Store.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
If you are on exchange 2k3 try setting up the email as exchange on the iPhone and when asked for server address enter the full URL for your OWA. It works for me.

Using the server address and domain won't work unless you're connected to the network via VPN.

Alternatively there's OWA apps on the App Store.

Thanks a lot. So for the server address I should enter the "http://" bit too? I will try that and see what happens. I saw the OWA apps on the App Store but the reviews seem really bad so I was trying to avoid them if possible.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Thanks. I tried a bunch of variations that I think are correct but had no luck. It says 'unable to verify account information'. Maybe the exchange server needs activesync installed to allow me to log in. Someone told me if our company had exchange server 2007 it would be easier since it picks up the domain name automatically (we have exchange server 2003). Our IT department is not too helpful. They always tell everyone with an iPhone to get a BB. LOL
edit - I think our IT department disable IMAP and it sounds like that is needed for the iPhone to access the exchange server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.