App to store and view PowerPoints

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Nipz, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

I've got loads of PP from uni that are being used as part of my revision that I need to view and take notes from. At the moment I'm using my laptop as I'm not 100% sure on a good app that will allow me to view them all.

Any on recommend a good one? Don't need to edit them just view :)

2. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Apple's Keynote will do this very well.

3. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Thanks for that but I'm in the UK and would rather wait for the UK release of the apps. Any other one?

4. wgary macrumors member

5. Broric macrumors regular

Keynote (on the mac) sometimes messes up formatting, etc. I assume it's the same on the ipad?

Have MS announced anything regarding Office for the ipad yet?

6. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

7. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

From the doc2go website:

12. Does Documents To Go support the iPad?
    While the current versions of Documents To Go can install and run on the iPad, they are not optimized for the iPad's larger screen. We are currently working on an update which will be optimized for the high resolution screen and will be a free update to all existing Documents To Go for iPhone/iPod touch customers.

I wonder how long that will take.....:confused:

8. Brammy macrumors 65816

9. rdstoll macrumors 6502

I have to chime in and say Goodreader is not good for PowerPoint. It works awesome to view PDFs and managing files - I love the app - but every PowerPoint I've looked at in Goodreader has looked terrible if it is anything more than pure text.

10. dread macrumors 6502a

+1

11. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

iPad can view PPT natively just email them to yourself and open.

12. Nipz thread starter macrumors 65816

Nipz

Thanks to Brammy I downloaded GoodReader and it's amazing! Best app for managing files and viewing them! So thanks Brammy for the heads up :) and 59p! That's nuts!

I have to disagree with the PP comment from rdstoll as my uni PP are full or graphs and colourful layouts and goodreader is perfect!

Only problem is I have close to 100 PPs which would get messing :)

13. weenie macrumors member

Open 10MB-size PPT file

I have managed to transferred wireless a 10MB PPT file (lots of graphics) to GoodReader, but each time I tried to open it either in GoodReader or "Open In..." (inside GoodReader, and select Keynote), both programs crashed when 1/3 is opened.

Anyone had the same experience ? If so, did you find a fix other than using same file in PDF format ?

Thanks...

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I have tried several apps including Goodreader, and I have found none render all my PowerPoints accurately. I use PowerPoint 2007 on a PC, and for some reason (I wonder why? hmmmmm) The iPhone/iPad have NEVER been able to accurately render them. It messes up bullets, graphics, formatting, ughhh.

For now the best I have been able to do is PDF them and use Goodreader or PDF Reader Pro. I have yet to try the VGA out adapter, which would be the last piece to make this a viable presentation tool.

I would imagine a simple PowerPoint would render fine, but I believe the more complex your PowerPoints, the less likely the current crop of options will render them effectively. If Microsoft was smart they'd put a team together and build a PPT viewer for the iPad. And a Live Messenger client. It would be smarter business than this constant war with Apple... :rolleyes:

15. Zuhanden macrumors newbie

Picture Link iPad app for powerpoint presentations

You could try Picture Link.

Picture Link enables you to link images on your iPad. Use it to hold interactive presentations on your iPad, no matter what presentation program you are used to. Develop iPad application prototypes without any programming skills or simply develop picture stories that have a tap-enabled navigation.

16. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

What do you mean by this? Keynote has been available through UK app store for the last 3+ months and only costs about a fiver. You will get some font substitution and minor formatting changes but neither should be an problem. Biggest difference will be some animation/transition effects. I have opened a very large (approximate 12mb) scientific presentation with iPad keynote and didn't lose anything important

17. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You two do know that this thread is a few months old. And reviving threads isn't always a good idea. Especially if you're doing it just to up your post count.