Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billraff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
I have recently configured an AEBS with an external USB drive and in another part of the home have added a Time Capsule with a 500 meg drive. I have all my music files and photos on the USB drive and use them in iTunes and iPhoto. I made a backup of them (really just a copy) by dragging them from one drive to the other so I have an exact copy now on the TC. It took quite a while to copy all 110 gigs of files but it completed successfully. I'm wondering if there is some application that could 'monitor' the folder on the USB drive and automatically copy the changes to the TC?

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
Time Machine can backup your external drive, if that's what you mean? Find the 'Do not backup' list and remove it (external drives are by excluded by default).

billraff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Been looking at the options. Superduper! would be great except it won't copy FROM a network drive. Rsync probably would do it but I'm not a big terminal geek. Looked at RsynchX but it hasn't been updated in quite some time. The search continues. Thanks for the suggestions.

billraff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I've decided to use iBackup. It's free for personal use and seems to be working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.