App to turn iPhone into trackpad

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by davisjw, Jul 2, 2010.

1. davisjw macrumors regular

davisjw

What experience do you have with downloading one of these programs for your iPhone?

My situation is this: I have my bedroom TV hooked up to an iMac to stream movies/etc while I lay back in the comfort of my bed. However, as it stands, my setup includes a wireless Apple mouse - not quite usable when you're surrounded by pillows.

I need to find the best app to turn my iPhone into essentially a trackpad for my computer. Anyone find one that actually works?

And the Air Mouse Pro just seems a bit goofy to me as a solution!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have Air Mouse Pro and I find that it works alright. It has all the functions that I want in the software; a keyboard, mouse and a scroll bar. The only real problem I've had with it is that if you have a weak wifi connection it can become a bit jumpy. Other than that it works fine.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What's goofy about AirMouse Pro? It's almost word-for-word what you describe wanting. :confused: (I have it, works fine. Occasionally in Windows XP -- not OS X -- I have problems with the server app on the computer crashing, but otherwise it works wonderfully.)

4. AlsoKnownAs macrumors member

I have tried several and hands down the best app for me is RowMote Pro. It mimics an apple remote in portrait and is a trackpad/keyboard in landscape. The server side is great as well, start it once and forget about it. There's no sign of anything running but it's always ready when you need it.

5. shallowal macrumors newbie

I have the same app and love it. There is a few annoyances with it but i am hoping soon they will be adressed

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm also very happy with Air Mouse. It does everything I want as a remote trackpad.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Try Touch Mouse by Logitech. I have a review of it on my YouTube channel and the app is free. It's fully featured and works really well.

8. shallowal macrumors newbie

they updated airmouse today. not sure if anything much has really changed tho lol

9. dingleberry macrumors newbie

so the air mouse trackpad function works pretty well i think.

I am really interested in how the motion sensor feature works with the new accelerometer on the iphone 4. anybody try it?

10. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I use iTeleport, It's rather a VNC app that also does the Trackpad Job and a remote really well, check the Logitech Touch Mouse and WiFiTouchPad

11. coasterider macrumors regular

I also use Touch Mouse. It works great and its free and its made by Logitech.

12. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

13. screamace macrumors member

+1 for Touch Mouse

only wish it has a full keyboard

14. Kabir8 macrumors regular

Is there a difference between
    Air Mouse and Touch Mouse in noticeable performance with weak-ish WiFi?

15. bob.loblaw macrumors member

It does have a full keyboard in landscape mode. You have to hide and unhide the keyboard to see it.

Thanks to whoever recommended this app. We've been using a Logitech Dinovo Mini to control an HTPC and this app might be better. It needs multitasking though.

16. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Same here.. in actuality it's used mostly when Im really, really zonked.

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Glad I could help. :)