App to VNC or 'logmein' into the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by biosci, Mar 24, 2011.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

I pretty much want to connect or view the iPad screen on the computer. Perhaps even able to click and interface with the buttons/apps etc using the mouse instead of the finger. Is there such an app?

Mike

2. Dute macrumors member

I know there are a few solutions on Cydia if you are jailbroken. I don't believe there is a non-jailbreak solution, however.

EDIT: Cydia app is called "Veency"

3. Krandor macrumors 6502

Logmein has Logmein Ignition for the iPad for about $15.

4. brettatk macrumors regular

I believe Logmein Ignition is $30. Also he wants to do opposite of what Logmein does. He wants to use his computer to control his iPad, not use his iPad to control his computer. I don't know of anything that does what you want.

5. smileyborg macrumors 6502

smileyborg

Yeah there's no way a third-party app could do this, because of Apple's sandboxing. Chances are slim to nil of seeing Apple provide a way to do this, either.

6. Dute macrumors member

I've done this exact thing. Controlling my iPhone from my computer, using the Cydia app I already mentioned.

7. smileyborg macrumors 6502

smileyborg

I obviously was not referring to jailbroken software. Without jailbreaking, you couldn't even write your own app to do this.

8. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys! Looks like I can only do what Dute mentioned with that app. Too bad 4.3 is still locked. Argh!