App Transferring Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hawk1226, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hawk1226 macrumors member

Alright, so i got my new computer for college but i'm having some trouble. When i connect my iphone to the laptop, it shows up and everything and i've been able to sync data like me email, contacts etc...but when i try to get my applications on it, it says are you sure you want to overwrite the applications on this iphone with those on your itunes? Obviously not because 1) I dont have any apps on this itunes yet and 2) i want to get the applications from the iphone onto the itunes. I assume this is for the same reason you can't take one ipod's music and bring it to another computer and take put it on that itunes without clearing the library (unless your using software). So how do i get my applications into my new computer? Also, for the record i tried the method listed in one of the iphone forums where you log into the apple id account and download the app again and it won't make you pay, but it doesn't seem to be letting me download the app for free, i still get the message, "are you sure you want to buy this app?".

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks
    -Evan

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Logging into the same account that you originally bought the App with and downloading it should work, why it isn't I don't know. I remember when I did that with mine, it had a pop-up that told me I had already bought the App and I could now download it for free. Whether that message came after the "are you sure you want to buy this app?" pop-up, I don't remember. Since free App show up on the receipt, go through the process of "purchasing" it and see what happens.

3. hawk1226 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i did that once before when for some reason super monkey ball disappeared from both my phone and my computer and i never got the "you already purchased" message after the "are you sure you wanna buy this app" alert, so i'm a little hesitant to go through with that

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Then the only other piece of advice I can give is to contact Apple about the problem. They will have the records and receipt and so should you so they can work some iMojo. Of course, I'm not the most Mac literate person here and there is probably someone here that can guide you a little more as the morning comes (in the US at least). Don't fret, it should get all sorted out. :)

5. hawk1226 thread starter macrumors member

yeah who thinks of calling apple these days for our issues, pssh. haha. I'm still open for any ideas people may have. Otherwise i'll be calling apple soon.