App twitter- echofon pro vs. Osfoora HD vs. Twittelator vs. Twitteriffic

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by OverSpun, Jun 18, 2010.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I have tweetie on my iPhone, but they aren't good on the iPad. Anyone know good ones they've used? So many and no lite apps to try first. Hmm.

2. cmascatello macrumors member

3. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

I am using Osfoora HD until Twitter for iPad comes out.

4. techguy1 macrumors regular

+1 .. been using it since its launch on the iPhone and its still the best IMHO

5. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Tried, but didn't like Twittelator or Twitteriffic. Used to love EchoFon Pro on the iPhone, before they removed features.
    Tweetie 2 was my fave, but now Osfoora is my client of choice on both devices, although it seems to have the same interface as Tweetie 2(Twitter).

6. raymond lin macrumors regular

I just got that last night, its better than Twitteriffic and twitterdeck.

7. jediistar macrumors 6502

My vote os Oosfora all the way as well, hands down the best twitter app!

8. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I just finished looking over and using several different Apps. Osfoora HD gets my vote and is first choice by far for many reasons.

The App is pretty neat and full featured. I was very suprised at how well the UI looks and functions. I even dumped Twitter on my iPhone and replaced it with Osfoora's iPhone App.

9. felt. macrumors 6502a

Osfoora all the way..

Do any Twitter clients automatically refresh and keep latest tweets at the top or do they all require that you scroll? I would like a moving stream that doesn't require user interaction

10. shadowness macrumors regular

i dunno about others, but i find Tweetdeck more than satisfies my needs!

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Tweetdeck is a really nice app but it suffers from a major flaw: it doesn't remember last place in the timeline when you start the app.

As far as other clients are concerned, Osfoora rules the roost right now in terms of features and interface (although it desperately needs a light theme - which the dev has promised). IMHO, Tweetings comes a close second.

12. AlecEdworthy macrumors 6502

AlecEdworthy

Echofon Pro, no question

Osfoora looks pretty good (in screenshots, I've not bought it) but my vote is for Echofon Pro all the way. Excellent app on both the iPad and the iPhone.

Alec

13. JustinEvil macrumors newbie

Tweetdeck suffers from another major flaw as well, it's buggy as all hell. Seriously, this app barely works for me, constantly crashes and loads tweets in random order. The developers really need to get on updating this thing.

14. raymond lin macrumors regular

I ditched it because there was one tweet that was stuck at the top, no matter what i do, really buggy app.

15. pooryou macrumors 65816

Twittelator is the best one IMO. Once you start using it it has a really good flow to it. Slide to Tweet is brilliant and so is Shrink Tweet. Oh and inline images.

16. PearlJam macrumors member

I use the free version of Echofon on my iMac desktop and I love it. Needing something for my iPad I bought Echofon Pro and Osfoora yesterday to compare them - IMO Echofon wipes the floor with Osfoora.

17. three macrumors 6502a

three

I got that same problem too... I moved to Twitterrific. Might pickup Osfoora though.

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

After testing Echofon Pro, I find I prefer that on iPad, rather than Osfoora, which is still excellent, but Echofon has a much more cleaner interface.
    On the iPhone, I prefer the opposite situation(Osfoora wins there).

19. thomashk macrumors member

Twitepad is the choice for me. No other combines Twitter and web-browser as good.

20. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Hmm, maybe i'll try osfoora. I wish that had a lite app for it to try it. I'd be mad if I dont like it. Since I have tweetie on my iphone. I want one to use on both ipad and my i4.

21. dannymichel macrumors newbie

dannymichel

Switching from Twittelator. I want too, and you guys have pretty much everything I want, but you don't have the option to post to facebook, like Twittelator does

22. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Me either... I still havent tried one that I made this thread for. I had tweetie on my phone, but they stopped it once twitter bought the app. I liked the original one better. I really want the best one that is universal for ipad/iphone app.

23. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

I have a question, because I've been using twittelator for iPad for about a week now and I still haven't figured it out... Is there a way to read a conversation? I don't see how to bring up replies to tweets.

24. pooryou macrumors 65816

I don't use Twittelator any more, and I don't remember now sorry.
    I recommend checking out Tweetbot. Twittelator never really got improved past the first release and is pretty long in the tooth now.

25. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie